Monday, January 10, 2011

I miss not having to deal with snow.

Lately it has been snowing a lot in Michigan. Growing up I enjoyed the snow because I could play in it, go sledding, and it brought about those unplanned snowdays that every kid loves. Now I hate it. I went to college at Grand Valley State University which is located in a rural area surrounded by fields. Winter there is the worst, since there aren't many trees the wind can be really harsh. While I'm glad I'm no longer freezing my face off there having to walk in it everyday, it still sucks to drive in. I'm also really weak against the cold, I usually wear at least three layers when I'm at home. Snow is pretty to look at I'll admit, but so not worth the trouble in my opinion.

My backyard. The sun rising is pretty.

I planted this pine tree in the 5th grade when it was just wee sapling.

While I stayed in Tokyo it only snowed three times, and all right before I left in February. It was almost like Japan was trying to reacclimate me to snow before I had to return. Looking at the bright side of things, I do appreciate that we actually heat our houses here in America, but that is a story for another post.

The view from my bedroom the morning after it snowed in Tokyo. It's pitiful that that much snow is a big deal. 

We are supposed to receive 10 more inches tonight and tomorrow. もうヤッダ!(;-_-)=3

1 comment:

  1. Snow fail! You really should have invented that teleporter when we had the time!

    ReplyDelete